Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good news

This week started off kind of crappy. I haven't been sleeping well so I've been very sleep-deprived and cranky. I also have a few projects and a bunch of busy work to do because it's the last few days before spring break. My phone sucks and has decided that the battery should only last for about an hour (for the third time since I've had it). On top of all of this I'm getting really sick...sinus infection maybe?

Without my phone, I haven't been able to check my e-mail and have felt so lost. Yes, it's sad (but true) that I depend on it. So after an early start this morning, class, work, then the gym (God knows how I managed to run while feeling so sick), I had a few minutes to stop at a computer lab. I checked my email and to my surprise had an e-mail from Hershey!!! Here's my favorite part of the email:

"We are pleased to invite you to visit “The Sweetest Place on Earth.” From over 100 applications, your propensity for service coupled with your education and current experience combine to make you a capable candidate for the Summer 2009 (HIP) Hospitality Internship Program with the HERSHEY Resorts Group."

Also cool to know..from over 100 applicants..I'm one of 24 to be chosen!! It feels so good to know that even while the economy is facing a recession and not many companies are hiring, I've been given the opportunity for great work experience. I really am proud to know that I'll be working in one of the best hospitality internship programs!!

No comments: