Friday, May 15, 2009

Guess Where I Found the Gizmo?

Yesterday, I was at home by myself for most of the evening-Mom was at her showhouse and Dad was working late. So I thought I would be nice and do laundry, clean up the house, and make dinner. The whole time, I had the TV on for background noise.

After about three hours of doing what made me feel like a "mom," I decided to sit down and actually watch some TV. I really wanted to watch one of my favorite shows, Ugly Betty on ABC, so I had to change the channel but I couldn't find the damn remote control ANYWHERE. (And I have NO idea how to change the channel on those Comcast digital cable boxes...nothing like a regular TV.)

I looked on the La-Z-Boy, IN the La-Z-Boy, the sofa, underneath everything, the kitchen, cabinets, the floor, every single nook and cranny. I even looked in the bathroom, laundry room and even the basement, accompanying each failed location with a colorful word of frustration.

I finally gave up...I figured I was just upset, the remote was probably right in front of my eyes, and that I was just looking past it like I do all the time. So I would just wait for Mom or Dad to get home and ask them to look for it.

Before sitting down to watch whatever was on the channel that I couldn't change, I thought I'd get a glass of water. So I got a glass out of the cupboard and went to get the Brita from the fridge and lo and behold...I found the remote IN THE FRIDGE!

I have no recollection of placing it in the fridge and/or WHY did I even subconsciously think to put it there? Am I going crazy or has my habit of misplacing things gone to the next level?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

hahaha....I hope you made yourself a strong drink while getting the remote out of the fridge.