Sunday, December 14, 2008

Formals and such...

This weekend was great...especially since it started on Thursday.

Thursday was the Initiation "celebration" for us lovely Alpha Pi's. It included an apartment stop for each pledge class (Alpha-Lambda's, -Mu's, -Nu's, -Xi's and -Omicron's) that is still together at Penn State. We then ended up at K9...a PGN apartment that is frequented a lot. Crazy night and so much fun...we deserved a night just for us after the long pledging semester! I brought my camera to take pictures...but certain activities led me to forget. I did manage to take one with one of my pledge sisters Rachel. She then went on to steal my camera and take about three thousand pictures of herself...this is one of her many quirks!

Friday was great for more than one reason. First, it was the last day of classes for the semester from Hell (woo!). Secondly, it was the Redifer Semi-Formal!!! Redifer is where I work and every semester there are HRIM interns that work there. Their "final exam" is to plan an event and it always turns out to be a semi-formal for all of the students that work there. This semester, the theme was "Starry, Starry Night" and it was so hot! A bunch of us got together before at my friends Lindsay and Jill's apartment. Then we walked over and had a blast! Photo shoot...

Saturday was probably the best. It was Phi Gamma Nu's Winter Formal...soo much fun! We rented out Pi Lambda Phi Social Fraternity for the night, had dinner catered by Clems (although they ran out of food so I got to eat a bun...mmmm), socialized, danced, etc. I also got initiated into one of the many secret societies in PGN (shh...I can't say anything else)! Great times! More pictures...

After such a great couple of days, I am in no mood to be studying for my five finals (ugh!) Only 5 more days to go...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cute pictures, cute dress! Glad you had so much fun at your formals. Good luck on finals and I'll see you for Christmas!!