Monday, December 1, 2008

Taking a moment...

As you know, this past week was my Fall/Thanksgiving break from college, so naturally everybody was home spending times with friends and family. On Saturday, my pledge Dad, his best friend (another Phi Gamma Nu brother) and two of their friends went out to eat and on the way home, they were hit head on by a drunk driver. The 21-year-old pre-med student, driver and owner of the car-one of their best friends is now dead, and Eric (the other PGN brother) is in ICU. So far, Eric suffers from a broken hip, he has had two surgeries due to a punctured diaphragm, and also had a bypass heart surgery.

It breaks my heart and brings me to tears to think of the loss and pain that these families and friends must be going through. Only two weeks ago, I was in a severe (no injuries Thank God) accident where we hit black ice on the interstate, spun many times and slammed into the guardrail twice. Myself and the other passengers are so fortunate to be unharmed. These situations are such an eye-openers. When I think of these situations, I am reminded to not take life (even the "bad" times) for granted. I am reminded of the amazing love that I am surrounded by from my amazing friends and family who are there always to support each other. I'm just so very thankful for everything.

Please pray for the Garrett (my pledge dad at home recovering), Eric (in ICU), Mike (at home recovering) and most importantly for the lost--Jason's family and friends.


No comments: